Influencer marketing is considered an effective marketing strategy that can create mass exposure and awareness for your brand. It has been around for several years, and will continue to grow in the next few years as social media will become an integral part of people’s lives. We give you 5 influencer marketing statistics you should know in 2020.
1. The number of social media users in the APAC region has increased by 9.8% to 2.14 billion in 2020, according to We are Social and Hootsuite’s report. High number of users means higher impressions which can translate into increased brand awareness.
2. Influencers are seen as online personalities that consumers can relate to, unlike celebrities. Hence, many consumers trust their opinions on topics that they specialise in and they can shape consumer’s thinking and ultimately, influence decision-making. Working with influencers can help you or your brand reach out to consumers effectively.
3. Covid-19 has impacted our digital consumption habits, with many of us spending most of our free time online. Video and gaming sites have become immensely popular and YouTube is the most favoured channel for influencers in Asia. As reported by Casting Asia, almost 1 in 2 influencers have their own account on YouTube. It’s no surprise that many brands are working with influencers for their social media campaigns.
4. Purchasing behaviour of consumers has changed over the past few years. They will search for the product they want on the internet, look at reviews, check out the item at physical stores, and compare prices before deciding to buy it online or at the store. Influencers play a big role in helping them make a decision as they usually post reviews and give their input on the products or services they received from brands. As reported by Adobe, 74% of consumers showed an intention to change future shopping habits, with Singaporean and Indian consumers reporting the strongest intention.
5. Research from Markets and Markets showed that the Asia-Pacific region will become the largest influencer market by 2024. It is expected to grow to $22.3 billion by 2024, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 32.4% during the forecast period. This is due to an increase in social media users and connected devices in the region and is perfect for brands to leverage on influencer marketing.
Are you ready to dive into influencer marketing? Let us help you search, engage, and manage the right influencers for your next campaign. Be it fitness, travel, beauty, or lifestyle, Asia Travel Club is the influencer marketing agency for you.
About Asia Travel Club
Asia Travel Club (ATC) is a social media agency focusing on China digital marketing, influencer and social messaging marketing.
ATC is the Official Sales Partner of Tencent (WeChat), Weibo, and Bytedance (TikTok, DouYin & TouTiao). Our China marketing team has verified and managed more than 100+ WeChat and Weibo Official accounts since 2016.
With teams across Asia, ATC can help brands connect with over 3,000+ influencers from China, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Through our ATC Bookings, Chinese travellers can now Search, Compare, Book and Pay for hotel rooms via WeChat Pay directly with hoteliers.
Asia Travel Club (ATC) is a member of Digital 38 Group.